U.S. Survival AR-7 (Henry Rifles)
The ArmaLite AR-7 Explorer, designed by M-16 inventor Eugene Stoner, is a semi-automatic .22 Long Rifle rifle developed from the AR-5 adopted by the U.S. Air Force as a pilot and aircrew survival weapon. Its intended markets today are backpackers and other recreational users as a takedown utility rifle. The AR-7 is often recommended by outdoor users of recreational vehicles (automobile, airplane or boat) who might have need for a weapon for foraging or defense in a wilderness emergency.
In 1980, the design and production rights passed on to Henry Repeating Arms and the compact rifle was slightly revised. The AR-7 is now (2011) known as the Henry U.S. Survival rifle. An ABS material replaced the original plastic, which was prone to cracking and failure. The receiver recess in the Henry stock allows storage of receiver with a magazine in place and the rifle is normally sold with two magazines. The latest versions of the Henry allow for storage of three magazines total, with two in the stock recess, and one in the receiver. The modern Henry U.S. Survival rifle is also waterproof (all prior versions were known to leak water inside the stock). They now include a full teflon coating on the outer surface. A 3/8 in. rail milled into the top of the receiver for mounting a wide variety of optics is now a standard.
filed under: justifiable need
Altoids Tin Survival Kit
Most of this stuff I had lying around with exception to the compass, whistle, condom, and the 2x3 inch baggies. I figured I might as well throw a survival kit together. I will replace the one I carry with this one, it has all the same stuff plus a few added items, and takes up much less space in my pack.
- Fishing kit: 5 various sized hooks, 5 various sized sinkers, 13 lb line, bait.
- First Aid Packet: 2 Band Aids, 2 small band aids, 2 butterfly closures, triple antibiotic ointment.
- 3 matches and striker
- the guts from 550 cord, it is about 3-4 feet
- luminous tape square
- X-acto blade #11
- razor blade
- 3 tinder quicks
- birthday candle
- needle and thread
- 20mm button compass
- P38 can opener
- 2 padlock shims
- SOL signal mirror
- 2 water purification tablets
- Non Lubricated Condom (for carrying water)
- 3 safety pins
- key chain flashlight
- roll of duct tape
- fire steel, and striker with serrated edge that can be used as a saw
Blaser Drillings D99 rifle/shotgun with three different barrel options.
Left to right:
- Two shotgun barrels combined with one rifle barrel.
- Two identical rifle calibers combined with one shotgun barrel.
- Three identical or three different rifle calibers.